Lentil Nut Loaf
Lentil nut loaf packs a protein punch, is tasty and filling. This recipe makes about 10-15 servings and stores easily. It is also great for repurposing. You can crumble some up over your salad, add to soups or use some of the mix to make into patties. It tastes great with gravy.
- Prep Time45 min
- Cook Time45 min
- Total Time1 hr 30 min
- Yield15 servings
- Gluten Free
- Meatless Main
- 3 cups lentils
- 1 and 1/2 cup raw nuts
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raw oatmeal
- 2 Tbs. soy sauce (low sodium)
- 2 Tbs. of tomato paste
- 1 cup organic vegetable broth
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2Tbs. Chia Seed gel
Herbs & Spices
- 1 Tbs. Sage / Marjoram
- 1 Tbs. Celery Seed
Prepare the Lentils
- Rinse off lentils with cool water.
- Lentils are cooked with a 1:2 water ratio. 3 cups of lentils require 6 cups of water.
- Do not cover or salt, or lentils will be mushy.
- Bring the lentils to a boil, and then simmer. for 20 minutes until (med soft).
- Drain water off the lentils and set aside.
Make the Chia Seed Gel
- Ground 2 Tbs. of Chia Seed.
- Add 5 Tbs of water.
- Let this mix sit for five minutes. *This equals 2 eggs.
Blend the Dry Ingredients
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Set this mix aside in a separate bowl.
- Add a little Sea Salt and Cayenne to taste.
Blend the Wet Ingredients
- Chop the onion in big chunks and blend with the vegetable broth.
- Add the remaining wet ingredients and lentils to the blender.
- Purée the mix until its soft (not mushy)!
- Taste to see if it needs more salt or other seasoning.
- Combine the wet and dry mixes in a bowl. Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Add the eggs/chia seed gel.
- Add Sage/Marjoram, other seasonings to taste.
- Mix well.
- Bake in an oil-loafed pan for 1 hour at 350 F.
- Tastes yummy with almond or cashew nut gravy.
Get the recipe to my Vegan Chicken Style Gravy here. It tastes great with this Lentil Nut Loaf.