You don’t climb mountains without a team, you don’t climb mountains without being fit, you don’t climb mountains without being prepared. And you never climb a mountain on accident – it has to be intentional – Mark Udall.
*The full monthly letter is only sent by email to subscribers of SheYogic.com. Subscribe here.
Here is what I’m doing to get fit and prepare for a more balanced life. Yes, it involves some deep breathing and journaling. (Since I’m still not quite sure how chakras work I’ll leave that off for now). It also involves decluttering for clarity’s sake. Want to do a little challenge with me? While we might be on different journeys, I know that we each have our mountains to climb. Some we climb solo. Others we climb collectively.
Below is a mini- challenge to help us prepare and pack light.
- Take a look at your life and your stuff. Do you like it? Love it? Need it? Does it give you joy? Evaluate why you have what you have and how it makes you feel.
- Get rid of whatever doesn’t give you joy. That’s right. If it doesn’t give you joy consider getting rid of it.
- Keep things clean. This means removing any clutter that tends to build up if you aren’t on top of it at all times. When your space is clean, you won’t have to spend so much time finding things that have gotten lost in the clutter. Furthermore, research proves that when you de-clutter your spaces, it affects the mind much in the same way. The messiness of my personal space is a journey into the state of my mind!
- Get rid of something before buying something new. This will help keep your space from being too cluttered. Find something you don’t use and sell it, give it away, or throw it away before buying something new to replace it. Don’t use this is an excuse to buy something new. (I’m writing to myself here).
- Do a digital detox. Practice unsubscribing from all those email newsletters. Since you usually just delete them anyway, why not unsubscribe from them before they take up all the room in your inbox. (This doesn’t apply to my monthly letter. C’mon you’ve only received one!). The same is true of books, papers, and magazines that you never read. If nothing else, you’ll save a tree by recycling.
You don’t have to do all of this at once. I challenge you to try at least one and let me know how you feel. I suspect that your mind will be less cluttered and you will be prepared to climb whatever mountains lie ahead. Remember, the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Sign up here for my free Monthly Letter filled with yoga tips, encouragement, updates and… other goodies! The Letter is NOT a marketing email. Instead, it is another way to connect with you on a deeper level.
If you take on the challenge please let me know how it goes below in the comments box.
See you in here out there or both 🙂